- Quite obvious answer when someone ask a suggestion to buy a fitness band will be undoubtedly in favour of Xiaomi’s third generation fitness wristband Mi Band 3.
- Bigger OLED touchscreen display of 0.78-inch with 128 x 80 pixels resolution, a huge upgrade compared to the 0.42-inch OLED panel with 72 x 40 pixels found on the Mi Band 2.
- PMOLED panel used in both versions. In Mi Band 3, display is completely touch sensitive including the screen as well as the touchpad, whereas Mi Band 2 lacks touch functionality on the screen and offers the same only on the touchpad.
- Apart from providing accurate information regarding distance, sleep quality, steps taken and hours slept like the Mi Band 2, the Mi Band 3 comes with a wide range of capabilities including call display/rejection, instant message view, vibrating alarm, heart rate monitor, sleep monitor, real-time activity tracker, app notifications, idle alert, event reminder, phone locator, unlock phone option, weather notifications and much more with the help of new upgraded Mi Fit app.
- New and improved secure design mechanism which prevents the capsule from falling.
- UV Coated display and resistant to scratches and fingerprints. Both screens are splash, dust and corrosion resistant. Improved water resistance with 5 ATM rating equivalent to a water depth of 50 meters compared to IP67 rating of Mi Band 2 which could only withstand water immersion up to 1 meter for 30 minutes. So, now you can wear your band while swimming as well.
- Much more accurate and power-efficient sensors.
- Improved Pedometer algorithm filters out unnecessary movements which enables to measure steps taken and exercise more accurately.
- Sedentary reminders where Idle alerts send a gentle buzz when you have been
sitting still for too long, which will help you remind to take a short walk or a small break.
- Heart rate sleep assistant measures heart rate while you are asleep which enables you to track sleep patterns more precisely.
- The capsule contains a Li-Polymer battery of high energy density with 110mAh capacity compared to 70mAh in Mi Band 2. However, it still states 20 days battery life since it has to be compromised with the big vibrant display factor. And for those who use it extensively, an average use of 3-5 days can be attained quite easily on a single recharge.
- In terms of connectivity, Mi Band 2 offers Bluetooth 4.2 whereas Mi Band 3 comes with Bluetooth 4.2 BLE and it offers NFC versions as well ,enabling pretty smooth, fast and stable data transmission.
- Compatible with Phones having Bluetooth 4.0 and Android 4.4 or iOS 9.0 or higher.
- When you are close to your Android smartphone, it unlocks instantly, no passcode or fingerprint needed. Smart-lock compatibility is supported by Android 4.4 and higher in MIUI devices, or Android 5.0 and higher on other devices.
- The Mi Band 3 currently uses two different kinds of heart rate sensors and the 24-hour heart rate monitor which can be accessed using Mi Fit app consumes a fairly large amount of power, reducing the overall battery life.
- Three classic strap colors (black, blue and orange) with Hypo allergic properties, comfortable even for people with sensitive skin.
- Mi Band 3 comes with a lot of upgrades and a reasonable price of Rs 1999/- (Around $35 overseas) compared to Rs 1799/- (Around $25 overseas) of its predecessor.